Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Decision made--I think????

I've decided to go with Vanguard and their Target Retirement 2035 fund.  Or at least I believe I am ready to go with it.  It's not that I haven't done my research on it.  I've looked at several companies comparing the fees, the holdings, and the performances.  I've checked out the online prospectuses.  I'm really comfortable with what I see with Vanguard.  However, I'm not sure I'm ready to deal with getting everything rolled over.  It can be such a pain.  If it was just the 401K, then maybe it would only be a small problem, but I have the Pension too.  

Plus the accounts have been doing good lately, though I'll admit I haven't actually looked to see how my current accounts stack up to the Vanguard account earnings wise.  So maybe what I should do is see which is doing better in say the last year and go from there.  If my current plan is better than Vanguard, then I'll stay.  And if Vanguard is better than my current plan, then I'll take the time and problems and roll them over. 

Back to the drawing board!

No comments: