Friday, May 30, 2008

Decorating Costs

There are so many things I want to do around the house, but you know what?  They're going to cost me.  Yikes!  

Some things I need to do eventually.  Remember that partial concrete kitchen floor?  Yep eventually I do need to buy something to put down on it.  

And I'm tired of white walls with hand smudges around the corners.  That'll take some paint (though I do already have both bathrooms and two bedrooms done).

And my office is a disgrace!  I do have some ways to save money there, but I'll need to spend some money, too.  At some point the carpet will come up.  I need to paint the room.  I'd like some wall shelves (brackets are pretty cheap, but I'd have to price wood boards).  I'm planning on using the closet doors to make desks supported by 4 filing cabinets (2 for me and 2 for my husband), but I need to buy the filing cabinets (I did see some for under $30 at Walmart, though the $45 ones would be better for organizing due to a third drawer *sigh*).

Then there's my backyard!  We won't even go there!

I may need to make some choices and do a little bit at a time to not spend too much at once.  I figure the main areas would be the kitchen floor and some of the office--some paint maybe and the file cabinets for storage and better working space.  

The rest may have to wait.

No comments: