Friday, May 16, 2008

Real Estate Investing for Dummies Part II

Disclosure:  I am not paid in any way for reviewing this book.  I'd be the first to tell you that if you are interested in it, then check out your local library first. 

The second part of this book was about obtaining the capital to purchase an investment property.  

Basically it was all about mortgages...blah, blah, blah.  OK so for me it's no big deal.  I worked a long time in the mortgage industry so I already knew most of the information.  But for someone that doesn't know a whole lot, then it could come in handy.  

A couple of non-mortgage points that I really liked in this part were:

  • Don't get suckered into the "No Money Down" thing.  If you really want to invest in real estate, then you need some money.  
  • You need good credit.  If you don't have it, then work on repairing it.
Next part (and hopefully I'll have time to read it soon): Part III Finding and Evaluating Properties

No comments: