Sunday, July 27, 2008

Outlet Mall and New SuperTarget

We've had a good weekend.

Yesterday we went to both the indoor and outdoor outlet malls in the city next to ours.  At the Disney Store, we found a shirt for our oldest that said, "I Didn't Do It"  for under $8.00 to go with current shirts he owns that say, "Trouble is my MIDDLE name" and "It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time".  At two VF Outlet stores I spent a combined $51.89 for clothes for the boys (4 shirts and 2 denim cargo shorts) and me (1 top).  Not a single item was over $14.00...actually all except 2 items were under $5.99 there.  Across the street at the outdoor mall, I got them some books (3 total) for $9.51 at the Book Warehouse.

Today we went to the new SuperTarget that just opened today in our own city along with a Michael's, PetSmart, and others.  I am so happy I no longer have to drive to the city to the north for a regular Target or the city to the south for a SuperTarget.  And I don't have to go to Walmart if I don't want to!  *sigh* 

Anyway, they had some great sales for their first day open.  I found a bunch of items that would be great for Christmas!  I make little gift baskets for the women in the family--four of them--and I found great containers and stuff to put in them.  Total cost: $18, including 2 extra containers for our office desks to hold little things.  

School supplies were great!  I even stocked up on some items I didn't need any more of because I know they will need them again in the middle of the year or next year.  I got:
  • A Hulk lunchkit for $9.00 for my youngest (he is obsessed with the Hulk)
  • A 128MB USB for $4.99 for my oldest (he can bring home pics or files, then delete, if needed, without us worrying about losing a more expensive USB
  • A dual-sided soft pencil case for $3.99 for my oldest (his old one was too bulky for his desks and backpack)
  • 4 packs of 24-count Crayola crayons for $0.22 each or $0.88 total
  • 2 packs of 24-count Crayola colored pencils for $2.00 each or $4.00 total
  • 6 composition books at $0.50 each or $3.00 total
  • 2 1-inch binders at $0.97 each or $1.94 total
  • 6 2-pocket folders at $0.10 each or $0.60 total
  • 4 packs 5-tab dividers for $0.89 each or $3.56
I think this was even better than my good deals found the last time at the grocery store, though those were pretty good, too.

Next will be some new shoes for them.  I have to wait until next week after the new Payless opens on July 30th.

No comments: