Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fuel and I Messed Up

Firstly, I want to ask what is up with gas?  The prices are going down, but it is still costing us the same to fill up!  There is something seriously wrong with this!  If it goes up a penny, then our cost skyrockets, but when it goes down .20-.30 cents, then our cost doesn't go down.  Totally crazy!  We're already up to $309 for fuel costs this month.

I readily admit that I messed up for this 2-weeks already.  I was so used to the boys being out of school that I didn't budget in the costs of them going back very well.  Plus groceries were more than normal due to school lunch items.  So I'm going to be short during this 2-week period.  Therefore, I'll need to take some out of the different savings funds I have set up to get by.  Not a lot, but enough to lower a few of them and have to play catch up later.  Thankfully, they are not areas where I need a lot of that money right now anyway and I have plenty of time to catch up.  

Oh well!  I guess it happens on occasion.  As long as it doesn't happen all the time, though I do now expect I may need to do some additional tweaking for the next few paychecks to get back on track.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I know what you mean. I absolutely hate it that we have to budget around $500 a month in gas money! We could really use that money to pay down our debts faster.