Sunday, May 4, 2008

Changes to Progression Bars

You may have noticed some changes to my progression bars...or not.  

I have decided to change my emergency fund bar directly to $10,000 instead of saving $5,000, then adding another $5,000 later.  Really, what is the point?  $10,000 is $10,000 and that is what I need to save for about 3 months worth of emergency funds.  I would eventually like 6 months worth, but 3 months is more than enough for now.

All this talk about rolling over my 401K and Pension had me thinking about them.  And so I added a retirement progression bar.  I would love to be able to save up to $1,000,000 combined with my husband.  Right now we are only at $49,723.11, which is only 4.9% of our ultimate goal.  We sure do have a long way to go!  But I am sure we can do it.  If not now, then we will catch up when I start contributing again.  Of course the big issue with saving this money is time and my husband has less time to save than I do since he is 9 years older than me.  I'm in my 30s and he is in his 40s, but we still have potentially over 20 years left to save. 

No comments: